Our Nutritionist Says:
“Tofu is made from soy, the only plant protein to contain all 21 amino acids. This makes it just about the best way for active vegetarians to get all the building blocks they need to adapt to and recover from training. You’ll also get plenty of sodium from the soy sauce and so this is a good post workout meal when intensity and sweat loss has been high.”
Joel Enoch, Sports Nutritionist - joelenoch.co.uk
1tsp light soy sauce
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp vegetable oil
25g egg noodles
40g sugar snap peas
1/2 a red pepper
2 medium spring onions
A handful of cashew nuts
1cm fresh ginger
1. Mix together the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes, toss together with the soy and sesame, sprinkle with chilli flakes and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
2. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions, drain and return to the pan.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok until smoking hot. Add the tofu, being careful of the oil ‘spitting’. Stir and cook for 3minutes. Add the cooked tofu to the pan with the noodles.
4. Peel and thinly slice the ginger. Slice the pepper into strips and cook in the wok along with the spring onions, sugar snap peas and ginger for 3minutes.
5. Add the noodles and tofu to the wok; toss together and heat for 1minute. Toss in the spinach and allow to wilt in the heat for a few seconds. Serve.
Download the recipe HERE